It is a holiday house that makes a real 'home from home', comfortable, clean, in the middle of nature in the Temisa valley, lots of atmosphere, and has a master bedroom with a private bathroom, and two separate bedrooms sharing the second bathroom. The dining-kitchen is well-equipped whereas the living has ample room, comfy sofas, a high wooden roof, with a conservatory/garden room as a bonus sporting a view up to the ocean ... plus a solar-heated swimming-pool, terraces all around, a porch ... quiet and no neighbours apart from the birds ... and yet only a bit more than 5 minutes from the beach.
Good to know: as this is our personal website and not a travel agency's or a referring site, you will find that by booking straight with us, you avoid the usual booking fees. Have a look around and discover our Finca Chafariz; we're proud of it!
|Type of accommodation||Comfortable country house with 240 m2 living-space and full privacy|
|Plot||Entirely detached villa, finca has around 10,000 m2, no neighbours|
|Character||Well-equipped eco-finca, clean, 100% privacy, remote yet close to the beach, self-supporting amongst others by means of solar-powered electricity|
|Location||In the middle of nature in the centre of the green and sunny Temisa-valley at 1 km from Tabayesco, altitude 120 meters, in the sunny northeast of Lanzarote, close to the secluded bay of Arrieta, a fishing-village at 5 minutes, lots of seafood restaurants|
|Amenities outside area||Verandah, two patios, porch, multiple terraces for al fresco dining, tanning or breakfasts in the sun, comfortable seating and loungers; solar-heated swimming-pool|
|Amenities inside||Master bedroom with a a large double bed and private bathroom with rainshower and toilet, washing-machine
Accessible via connecting corridor: two bedrooms with two twin beds sharing the second bathroom and toilet
Large dining-kitchen offering any conceivable appliance except for the dishwasher (uses too much electricity)
Very large living with high woorden ceiling, ample seating, large dining-table, adjoining lounge/conservatory with separate entrance, comfortable furniture for reading or post-lunch naps, separate dining-table
|Attractive for||If you value peace & quiet, walking, hiking, cycling, parapenting, surfing, reading, photography, bird watching, sun bathing, a special place to be together with your family; because of the distance between the master bedroom and the sleeping quarter at the orther end of the house we have many two- or three-generation-families, or two couples that are close friends yet appreciate a bit of privacy, or 'just' a couple that is looking for a place to wind down and enjoy the nature all around|
|Travelling times||3 minutes to Tabayesco
5 minutes to the sandy beach of La Garita near Arrieta (with lots of seafood restaurants)
15 minutes to Haría or Órzola (ferry to La Graciosa)
20 minutes to the capital of Arrecife or Teguise
25 minutes to the airport
50 minutes to Timanfaya National Park
60 minutes to beaches of Papagayo
|Rates||125 (low season) to 150 euros (high season) per day based on occupancy by 2 persons inclusive of (final) cleaning, teatowels, bathroom towels (twice a week), beach towels, bedsheets (once a week), wifi, pool maintenance, tourist taxes, lots of advice on excursions, outings or anything that makes sure that you are going to have a great time during your holiday at Lanzarote, et cetera. Read Reservation to know more.|
|Conditions||Please refer to Reservation|
A villa to enjoy: comfortable seating, pleasant lighting and a woodstove for the winterevenings that can sometimes be a bit fresh, make for a homely atmosphere that says 'welcome back' every time you get in. From the conservatory you can see the ocean in the distance.
• The house has a high wooden ceiling and the sun really only reaches inside the house in winter; so even in summer, it never gets too hot
• Excellent wireless internet connection (although not alway fast enough for streaming films)
• Large smart-tv fed by two satellite-dishes shows every major station in English (Sky on 712, BBC on 440, CBS on 155 to name a few), German, French or Dutch
• Literally hundreds of books and dvds in English, Dutch or German, various hiking guides and maps are there for your use
Using the heptagonal icon and then the square one you can enlarge the pictures to fullscreen size and you can read the subtitles.
The master bedroom has built-in wardrobes and a bathroom plus toilet of its own. There's also a washing-machine.
The two other bedrooms plus their shared bathroom are at the northern side of the house and to be reached through the hall.
• All our beds have quality mattresses, comfortable and have 'Northern-European' sizes.
• Every bedroom has more than enough space in its wardrobes and cupboards to put or hang your clothes in; the windows have fly-screens
• Bathroom #1 has a rain shower and a hand shower
• The twin doors lead you right from your bed onto the porch
• The cupboard in the connecting corridor has lots of beach gear, among other things a beach umbrella, beach mats, scoops and buckets for the toddlers, floaties as well as water wings for safety
• Bedrooms #2 and #3 have two separate beds; if you prefer you can join them to be proper twin beds.
In the built-in cupboards and drawers you will find any kind of kitchen utensil you might possibly need. Herbs, oil, vinegar and spices as well as a toaster, microwave and a fullsize fridge/freezer are ready for you. The four burner gas stove has an oven and a grill.
Your view is right to the end of the valley.
• The eat-in kitchen is large and has a separate dining-table
• As for all the ingredients you will find: use everything you want, when you are about to run out of something, please replace it by a similar product
• Pans, cutlery, crockery and glassware are all of fine quality and there's more of it than you will ever need
• The fullsize fridge/freezer is of the A+++ type
• You will have to make do without a dishwasher, its energy consumption is something that our electricity system cannot cope with on a daily basis. Feel compensated by the magnificent view when you are doing the dishes ☺
There's a choice of large or small terraces to sit or lie shielded from the wind or sun or to get a proper tan. Cushions and covers are aplenty.
The patio at the back leads into a shady area with the solar-heated pool, a large garden table with seating around it plus a barbecue.
• The porch at the front or the terrace overlooking the ocean are lovely spots for a breakfast in the sun
• You will find 'secret' places in the garden where you can sit and just dream away
• The swimming-pool (depth 120 cms) has been dug in for a part, which means you do not have to step up a ladder first; at the same time it prevents the toddlers from accidentally stepping into the pool
• The pool is solar-heated and reaches 23 degrees in winter on sunny days; in summer we switch off three quarters of the solar panels to stop the water from becoming too warm.
• There's room for your towels or clothes to dry in the inner patio
Finca Chafariz lies 1.2 kilometers from the village of Tabayesco and is almost completely self-supporting. Electricity is generated by a series of solar panels which is stored in large batteries. There's a display in the kitchen opposite the fridge telling you the charging level.
You can cook your food on a four hob gas stove and tapwater is supplied by the island's desalination plant, running through the water main from the village to the house. Warm water is provided by a solar panel on the roof. If the sky has clouded over for more than a few days, the gas water heater takes over.
• On arrival we will tell what to pay attention to: it all really comes down not to switch on heavy electricty users simultaneously.
• If necessary a generator is always stand-by.
• Every light bulb is of an energy-efficient led-type so there's no need at all to use as few lights as possible.
• You will look for a dishwasher in vain, even the latest models use too much electricity to be run on a daily basis. The only advice we can give you is to enjoy the view whilst doing the dishes: it's magnificent (the view) ☺
The finca (in the middle to the left, recognise the white chimney?) sits at an altitude of 120 meters more or less in het centre of Temisa valley that has the high end side at the west. As Lanzarote often has northerly of northwesterly winds, the finca lies well protected.
• The finca, the holiday house and all its amenities including the pool are there for your use alone
• The terraces are very private and are not overlooked
• The valley only has a few houses that are occupied and the road running along Finca Chafariz is a dead end road. The only traffic you can expect is by an occasional farmer, a mountain biker or a runner.
• Towards the east you can see all the way up to Tabayesco and Arrieta
• Towards the west you can look all the way to the end of Temisa valley
• From the finca driving along Tabayesco you will have reached a terrace at sea at one of the local seafood restaurants or the family beach of Arrieta within five minutes or so. The first part towards Tabayesco is a gravel road, but it is no problem at all for any kind of rental car.
(so no booking-fees ☺)
This is us, Carmen and Hilbrand, the owners of Finca Chafariz. I, Hilbrand, Dutchman by birth, had my first view of the Canary Islands on board a yacht and fell in love with this beautiful archipelago. On Lanzarote, Carmen and I met and it was love at first sight. Initially we moved to Holland and then to the Spanish mainland, but soon we went back to Lanzarote and bought a plot of more than an acre in size with nothing on it, really to our liking in the sunny and green valley of Temisa, a protected nature area, and close to the eastern coast.
Here we started to build Finca Chafariz with our own hands and lived in it for nearly 25 years in the middle of this beautiful part of Lanzarote, with our daughter growing up there. As you will see, we built the house to be comfortable, equipped to live in during every season of the year, well-built with solid materials and with a footprint as modest as reasonably possible.
Currently we are living in Tabayesco a bit more than a kilometer away from Finca Chafariz which makes us easy to reach. We are always available for answering questions or do anything for you to make sure your holiday comes up to your expectations. We travelled around the world and know from experience how important it is for you to be at a holiday rental home that is clean and comfortable, the description of which is an exact match with what you find the moment you enter the finca; in short, to make you have a great time. And that is precisely what we have to offer you.
Look at the main menu at the top or at the footer menu for all sorts of possibilities to do, to get into touch with us or to ask for a booking. We are ready to help you and answer any question. Finally an honest advice: read the reviews of the guests that stayed in our house, what their experiences were with Finca Chafariz and the island of Lanzarote.
Finca Chafariz is an exclusive holiday rental for six persons offering complete privacy with pool.
What are the costs of renting this villa in the high season, in summer or in the low season? Are there any surcharges, how can I ask the questions that I have, can I inquire without any obligations and where can I book?
Alle prices mentioned are for the use of the house, including all facilities, on the basis of occupancy by two persons. Good to know: by booking through this site you avoid having to pay a booking-fee, which accounts for ther fact that the precies mentioned in this website are lower than in referring websites of travel organizations.
High season* 2021 (Christmas weeks): 150 euros per day.
Summer season** 2021 (summer): 135 euros per day.
Low season 2021 (any other period): 125 euros per day.
*The high season covers the Christmas period, starting from the Saturday before Christmas up to the Sunday after Epiphany
** Summer season covers the months of July and August
There are no charges for children up to 7 years of age. For young families this will be a bonus.
For every extra guest from the age of seven years old, we charge 7 euros a day/50 euros a week, irrespective of the season.
Finca Chafariz has a maximum capacity of six persons.
What we would really like our guests to feel at the moment they close the door behind them for the last time and leave for the airport, is that they had a great time and enjoyed our villa to the full. So we have avoided any chance to spoil your holiday feeling by confronting you with surcharges on the last day. Which means that electricty, water, wifi, wood for the stove in colder winter nights, cleaning the pool, sheets once a week, towels twice a week, beach towels, final cleaning, tourist taxes, or whatsoever ... everything is included. The kitchen cupboards are provided with oil, vinegar, spices, pasta, rice and much more ... in the bathrooms you will find showergel.
The deal is: use whatever you need, when it's nearly finished you see to it that it gets suppleted or replaced.
Staying a fortnight at Christmas (high season) for a family with two kids of 5 and 7 comes to 2200 euros. If the grandparents will join you, they are welcome for an extra 200 euros for the two of them. Both the family and the grandparents have their own part of the house, with the conservatory/garden room to withdraw to or to use this as a place where the kids can play.
A three-week summer holidays (medium season) for a family with two children of 4 and 6, comes down to 2835 euros. This gives them a completely private accommodation with a solar heated swimming pool where the kids can make as much noise as they like (no neighbours), and the family has reached the sandy beach or a restaurant at Arrieta within 5 to 10 minutes.
Two couples manage to arrange a week to enjoy the Canarian sun in the low season, but at the same time prefer some privacy with non-shared bedrooms and bathrooms. This can be done for 975 euros. Seafood restaurants within 5 minutes by car.
The minimal rental period is 1 week. Unfortunately, parties and domestic animals are not appreciated, smoking is allowed only outside.
Please use the booking form below to make a reservation request. We will let you know as soon as posble if the dates requested are available or not. If so, we wil ask you to make a deposit of 50% of the full rental amount. The moment we have received the deposit, the booking is final.
• Up to 90 days before your planned arrival, you can cancel and we will refund the full deposit.
• Cancellations within 90 days before your arrival imply we cannot transfer the deposit back to you.
• 30 days before your arrival you will transfer the rest of the amount due.
• We will mail you the driving-instructions to the meeting-point in Tabayesco.
For the rest, we will try to be as lenient as we can regarding arrival and departure times. Checking in is at 15.00 hrs, checking out 11.00 hrs. One week before you fly to Lanzarote and one week before you leave the island we can see if we can offer you a better match with your flights, if necessary. We will be into touch with you anyway.
We use the calendar at Homeaway as our basis. It is always up-to-date. If the desired period is free, and you want to benefit from our best price without booking fees, use the booking form under 'Making an inquiry'. You will immediately receive a copy of your application. We will then contact you as soon as possible.
With this form you can check availability for Finca Chafariz for the dates that you are interested in. This inquiry is without any obligation from your or our side.
"We feel so lucky to have been able to spend our holiday in your beautiful house surrounded by magical nature and unforgettable views over the sea and up to the barranco!"
- Alex, Kathrin, Yanis, Finya & Yoshka -